27.4.10

Artist Profile: Liz Heise

Lighting is essential for creating a great atmosphere. Candles can give you an intimate and cosy feeling. Liz Heise uses quality soy wax to make clean-burning candles, adding fragrance or essential oil to create fabulous aromatics. Princess Buttercup Soy Candles are hand-poured with love in small batches at Liz’s workshop in downtown Port Colborne.

"I started making soy candles as a craft project with my son when I was on maternity leave," explains Liz. "I was aware of the difference between soy and paraffin, and I wanted to stay away from soot-producing paraffin candles.

"My friends and family adored my work. Hearing positive feedback from the people around me helps me move forward."

Liz adds that soy candles have a slower burn time, giving you more for your money. They are also environmentally friendly: renewable and biodegradable. Being soot-free, they don't pollute the air. If wax is accidentally spilt, it's easy to clean up with just soap and water.

"Soy is also a sensible choice as it creates economical growth for farmers. So keep on burning!" urges Liz.

Meet Liz and eight other local artisans at the Wildflower Market Restaurant in Fonthill this Thursday, April 29, from 6:30 to 10 pm. Tickets are selling fast, so buy yours today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We really appreciate your feedback about the emerging handmade movement in Niagara. Do leave a comment so we know you stopped by. Thank you!